The floor mats of your car can shield your car’s interior from deterioration by wear, gravel, or salt. They should also conform to the stringent requirements for the design and production of auto floor mats set by government regulatory agencies.
Although these requirements are supposed to be met by original equipment suppliers, non-OEM aftermarket manufacturers of car mats are not really forced to comply with these criteria. This can make it too tricky to pick the right car floor mats when you don’t want to place anything inside your car that can be a safety threat.
Do you own a 2017 Mazda CX-5 or planning to buy one? Is shopping for accessories for your new or old SUV wearing you out? If you are confused and doubts are rolling over your head, read this complete buying guide before purchasing your 2017 Mazda CX-5 accessories.
Why New Floor Mats?
Before buying a new floor mat for your SUV, ask yourself why you are buying and if you really need it! Car floor mats are something that can quickly wear out with time by the dust on your shoes. As a result, your interior can be damaged. So, you may really need a floor mat right now or in distance future.
Floor mats are the one item in the car that distinguishes your feet from the flooring. Your interior is vulnerable to friction produced by your feet and any debris that makes its way through without this vital layer of defense. Floor mats also guard against leaked liquids or dirt, which can contribute, if left unchecked, to mold and stains.
Types of Floor Mats
It is most likely that the carpet floor mats are what you have in your car right now. The silicone fibers on these mats keep your feet comfortable when grabbing debris that would otherwise pile up in your foot well. You can also move up to luxury floor mats for carpets, which usually are made of higher quality cloth.
Built with Mother Nature in mind, dirt, sand, ice, snow, and anything in between can be managed by all-weather floor mats. Usually, they are made of hard rubber, which is much easier than carpet cloth to scrub. And even though they aren’t being put to the test, any car will bring a sporty look to all weather floor mats.
Consider these five factors before choosing the company you can buy from:
- Brand Value: Do not directly go for the cheaper option available in the market. Look for a brand which is doing it for a long time.
- Product Value: Ensure that the company is not overcharging you. Compare with others and make sure that the floor mats’ price can keep up with the price to performance ratio standard.
- Customer Ratings and Reviews: Look for ratings and reviews of the older clients.
- Features and Specifications: Look for any other quality or specification you need to match your taste and car’s vibe.
- Durability and Quality: Do not compromise with the quality. You are making a purchase for quite a long time. So, don’t be lazy and be sure to check out the durability and quality standards.